"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like." -- Abraham Lincoln

Thursday

My sober, straight face gets you out of your clothes


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Interesting. This was a photo of Terry standing with the three naked girls giving the thumbs up, but it was removed by photobucket, I believe because they deemed it "offensive content".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday morning my roommate Meg asked me if I thought that models Abbey Lee and Freja were dating. Struck by this concept of two of the hottest girls in fashion being an item, I went straight to the internet! And I stumbled upon this shoot by Terry Richardson for Purple magazine from 2009. I am relatively new to the whole fashion blogging world, so this was my first time seeing this particular collection of shots. Now, I have nothing against nude photography, I think it can be very beautiful and tasteful... these shots however, I do not find very tasteful. Siting in my room with my jaw dropped I think to my self "of course this is a Terry Richardson shoot". The girls look beautiful,and they seem to be having a good time, but I just think it's a bit much. I know that Terry is a noted photographer, but Jesus that man gives me the creeps. I don't like his grin, his glasses, or his thumbs up. I do like some of his photos, they have a very raw quality to them... but he's still at the top of my slimeball list, right up there with Dov Charney, founder of American Apparel (and why do they look alike too?). I have read disturbing articles about both of those men and I have come to the decision that I would never want to be alone in a room with either of them.

But don't worry Freja, Abbey Lee, Eniko and Magdalena, I still love you girls!




** To any Terry Richardson fans out there, I hope you will still read my blog :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I think there's a line between artsy and crude. And these photos probably crossed the line. But Terry is noted for such I guess. I do appreciate some of his work, but others are just not my cup of tea.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Do come by more often ;)

    http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete