"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday

Someday some morning sometime

So yesterday was my 23rd birthday, but I received no presents on that day. My family knows me well enough to know that the only thing I really want is clothing, but they can't really pick that out for me. So I do most of my Birthday shopping myself, and I get exactly what I want!

I was in the market for a holey sweater, and I found one! But little did I know the responsibilities that come with owning SUCH a holey sweater. Ie. don't wear necklaces, stay away from sharp edges, and avoid contact with all animals and humans. If you do not follow these rules, your new sweater will catch on things and eventually become more holey that you might like. I'm going to have to be very careful with this one.

Photobucket
Sweater - Urban Outfitters

Photobucket

I never want to spend money on accessories, yet I always need them. I found this mint green belt and H&M for about $12... I was on the fence about buying it, but then some lovely sales associate handed me a $5 off card. Done!

Photobucket
Belt - H&M

I bought these shorts from club monaco. I am in love with the colour, and the cut is very flattering. HOWEVER - and brace yourself because I am about to get a little negative here - I have a problem with the quality. When picking a pair, it was hard to find one in the right size that didnt have some stitching malfunction. I finally settled on this pair, and after wearing them out once, some of the stitching around the zipper is coming out. It's nothing I can't fix, it's just, and call me crazy, but for the price that Club Monaco charges for their clothing I would expect better quality than that. Nuff said... I still think the shorts are pretty though.

Photobucket
Shorts - Club Monaco

Photobucket

I have been in the market for a cordobès hat like the one Penelope Cruz wore in Vicky Christina Barcelona. I found this one, and I love it! And I certainly need it after the sunburn I got on my head (and shoulders, legs and nose) last week. It's even got a little detachable flower on the side, just for funsies!

Photobucket
Hat - Nine West from The Hudson Bay Company

Photobucket

Leopard print was so Fall/Winter 2010. Spring/Summer 2011 is all about snake skin! At least that's what I think ever since I found these snake skin sandals at a consignment store in Yorkville. Amongst all the Dior, Chanel and Missoni I found these - which were actually tangible to me - so I made them mine.

Photobucket
Sandals - Franco Sarto from L'Elegant

Photobucket

Good haul this year I'd say. Everything I bought goes together to form a lovely little outfit...

Photobucket

Should have worn sunglasses to avoid this whole squinty, misshapen eye situation. On another note, I am still looking for a new purse and possibly a colourful bustier, to be purchased with Birthday money from my Grandparents. Will keep you posted on my progress with those missions.

2 comments: