"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like." -- Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday

The future reflected, it felt familiar but new

Well folks, it's that time of year when we should start to think about what we will be wearing next fall! Why can't we be thinking about what we want to wear today, you ask? Because you should have been thinking about that last spring. Obviously.

So I've been taking a browse through the pre-fall collections on Style.com and I have to say, some of it looks pretty simple, wearable, and achievable for commoners such as myself.


Photobucket
Phillip Lim 3.1

Photobucket
Stella McCartney

Cropped trousers, button-ups (which are buttoned up to the very top), and blazers seem to still be in style, which is great news for me because my closet contains an abundance of these 3 items.


Photobucket
Phillip Lim 3.1

Photobucket
Phillip Lim 3.1

Pleated skirts of a modest length. I have been looking for the perfect one for the past month, and have yet to find it. But when I do, you better believe I will be wearing next fall (and probably up until then as well).

Also fur arm-warmers have arrived, I know a ton of people who are going to be really excited about that.


Photobucket
Stella McCartney

Photobucket
Stella McCartney

Photobucket
Proenza Schouler

Oversized coats. Check! My mother has a particularly enormous one hanging in her closet at the moment. It looks a lot like the navy Stella McCartney one above, only it has shoulder pads the size of couch cushions. I'm sure I can fix that minor obstacle.


Photobucket
Rag and Bone

Photobucket
Stella McCartney

Photobucket
Proenza Schouler

Awkward length skirts and dresses. This is perfect for me, at 5'10.5, most skirts that are meant to be long fit me slightly short and very awkward anyway. Huzzah!

And lastly, there are some really delightful shorter dresses to look forward too!

Photobucket
Nina Ricci

Photobucket
Phillip Lim 3.1

Photobucket
Proenza Schouler

Photobucket
Rag and Bone

Photobucket
(also Brooding attitudes, such as the one that this Nina Ricci model is displaying, remain fashionable).

So that's that; a little glimpse into pre-fall 2011. Trust me, you will thank me in 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment