"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday

Time to pretend

There is a total sequence of events to this blog post. Allow me to explain...

Photobucket
First I came across this photo from a spread in Vogue UK on Who What Wear, and I thought "dayam, I like those sandals". I then attempted to read the fine print on the photo to see who on earth designed those bright strappy beauties (fine print: not so easy to read by the way). After much zooming, squinting and misspelling I managed to decipher that those shoes were designed by Mainson Martin Margiela. A job well done I'd say.

THEN I looked up their Spring 2011 Ready to Wear collection on Style.com, just for fun!


Photobucket
This was the first outfit of the collection. Quite nice. I love the shoes and the shirt/dress is very crisp and feminine, yet with a hit of a menswear look (just the way I like it). Then I saw this....

Photobucket
WHAT THE WHAT! How the heck do those pants work? Then came these....

Photobucket

Photobucket
Aaaand now we are in serious Spongebob Squarepants territory.


Photobucket
Am I right?! I can honestly say that never foresaw him becoming the inspiration for an entire designer collection at Paris Fashion Week. But that's what is so great about fashion; designers have the ability to draw inspiration from absolutely anywhere... even quirky children's cartoon characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment