"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like." -- Abraham Lincoln

Sunday

In love with your vision

I have lot's of model pictures to come. But before I get to those, I wanted to focus a little on one model in particular, manily because she is just so sweet and her style is unparalleled.

When I saw Hanne Gaby Odiele outside the Rag and Bone I could not take my eyes off her. She was actually wearing one of the most magnificent outfits I have ever seen. I asked her If I could take her photo, and she graciously agreed. Unfortunately this appears to be the exact moment that my flash broke so this is how the photo turned out...

Photobucket
Huge disappointment. Luckily before this I had taken a photo of her from behind, which did turn out, so you can kind of get an idea of how stunning the colours and textures of her billowy outfit were.

Photobucket
I have searched for another photo of this outfit, to no avail. Will I ever find another photo of this dream outfit? Maybe not. Tragedy.

I ran into Hanne again outside of the Carolina Herrera show. Once again she agreed to pose for a photo for me, AND (this is the really exciting part) she told me she loved my skirt. I died. Then I came back to life and took this photo of her and (I think) Kasia Struss.

Photobucket
Note: Models love doing that little heart thing with their hands. It's cute... when they do it. If I did it, I think it would look weird and lame.

Jill and I talked in length about what great style Hanne has, and to prove this to you, here are a few photos that I came across in my research of her. She is so cool. And she pulls everything off in a seemingly effortless way.

Photobucket
Fur trimmed and paint splattered... just your everyday outfit!

Photobucket
The armpit on this sweater is so low. It's just not natural. And I love it.

Photobucket
Layers upon layers and a beret. If this girl can't hail a cab, I don't know who can.

Photobucket
This one is my favourite. I want every piece of this outfit. And she is such a trendsetter... I bet in a month everyone will be wearing only one pant leg cuffed. Heck, I'm wearing it right now!


1 comment: